Swedish Relaxation massage
what is swedish relaxation massage?
- Improves mental relaxation
- Improves length and quality of sleep
- Temporary Relief of Stress, Depression, anxiety and irritation
- Increases ability to concentrate
- Improved sense of well being
- Remove Stress in daily life
- Remove Stress from work, family, etc
- Remove Stress from Physical Ailments
- Remove Tension due to pressures, Stress
- Remove Tension due to physical hard work or repetitive movements
How to prepare for your session
Make sure you are hydrated before you go to your massage appointment and prepared to drink plenty of water following your appointment. Ultimately, stressed muscles lead to inflammation and toxin build up that can block essential nutrients and oxygen from getting to where they need to go and thus contributing to pain and stress. A massage starts to break up and release those built-up toxins as your therapists loosens your muscles. Massage gets your blood and oxygen circulating as they should but a massage is dehydrating in nature. Staying hydrated before and after a massage is recommended because the water helps flush those released toxins out
When your prepare for a massage, plan to wear or at least bring loose comfortable clothing with you. Plan to wear loose comfortable clothing to your massage to begin your relaxation process. You will be asked to undress, to your comfort level, for your massage. Wearing loose clothing to your massage will make the undressing process much easier for you. After your massage, you may feel tender or just extremely relaxed and you will appreciate not having to put on restrictive clothing.
The relaxation of your body and mind is key to getting the most out of your massage session. Your therapist will be working to loosen your muscles. Normal breathing helps expedite relaxation. Often, people will hold their breaths or limit their breath while on the massage table because they feel nervous – this can be counterproductive. Holding your breath often contracts your muscles more, making them tougher to loosen. Inhale and exhale normally while your therapist executes various massage techniques
Your massage therapist is there to help you feel better. If you have a specific problem area or purely just want to relax on the table – let your therapist know. Your massage therapist will likely use oils and lotions to reduce friction during your massage, make sure you communicate any allergies you may have. Additionally, your therapist is a licensed professional but they want to know if you experience any discomfort from applied pressure and they can adjust their technique to accommodate your physical needs
time selection guide
90 Minutes session is merely to focus on one area or multiple additional areas.
What 60 Minutes covers + additional
- Focused time on one area -> Neck, Shoulders, Leg
- Additional time for abdominal breathing session
- Additional Range of movement focus
- Foot Massage
60 Minutes session is enough if you have been regularly taking care of the body and doesn’t get too stressed mentally or physically due to work, home etc.
Typical 60 Minutes Cover:
- Muscles around Scapula -> Target Upper Trapezius, Rhomboids, Lat. Dorsi, Rotator Cuff Muscles
- Muscles of Mid, Lower Back -> QL, Middle and lower fibers of Trapezius
- Muscles of Forearm, upper arms, hand -> Biceps, Triceps, Extensors, Flexors
- Muscles of Leg – Upper Leg, Lower Leg, Posterior, Anterior -> Thighs, Quads, Hamstring, Calf, Feet
- Muscles around Neck -> SCM, LS, Upper Traps
- Muscles of Face -> Temporalis, Masseter, etc